Continuing our articles on blue environments, have you ever thought about decorating your living room with shades of blue as the main elements? Today we are going to talk only about the tones of this color chart in the decoration of the living room that we like so much and remind us of the sea and the sky.
Blue tones such as tiffany, cobalt, petroleum, turquoise, and navy took over the decoration of different environments inside the house, and the living room could not be different. The color blue is the color of the sky and the sea, has calming effects and, according to the universe of publicity, advertising, and marketing, it brings a climate of trust and stability when used.
The blue room provides a versatile and elegant atmosphere, which allows a wide variety of combinations when composing an environment, whether classic or within the most contemporary trends.
To perfect the use of this color that is one of the darlings of decoration, you can bet on a decoration betting only on blue palettes, creating a monochromatic environment, as in a composition of blue with other colors, such as pastel tones, gray, beige, candy colors, off-white tones, with closer vibrant colors like green and purple or even investing in contrasts with warm colors like yellow, orange and red.
Blue is a color that allows a lot of versatility and, depending on the composition that is made with it, you can achieve completely different results, reaching different styles. The more fun and relaxed environments, for example, need a more varied color palette and the most vibrant tones are always recommended, while the cleanest environment calls for beige, white and brown to be combined with white, as well as a choice simplest of furniture.
You may also like to read does polyester stretch
The application of blue does not have to be restricted to painting on the wall and some small details of the decoration: blue works very well as the predominant color in the environment, ranging from the wall to the sofa, the rug and pillows, the chandeliers and chandeliers, in addition to combining both with wooden furniture and floors and colorful furniture.
Regarding lighting, however, it is necessary to be careful, for environments that do not have very good natural lighting, it is always recommended to invest in lighter tones and combinations with white that help to draw light and illuminate the environment. A completely dark decoration in this type of room can end up diminishing and suffocating the place.
You may also like to read how much does a cast iron tub weigh
The blue room: Some ideas of amazing environments decorated
And to help you make the best choice among the many options for decorating a blue room with many composition tips, we have separated 60 images in our gallery to inspire you.
- Blue room from the wall to the sofa: look for the decoration unit in color.
- Light blue for the room that receives a lot of natural light through the window.
- The highlight for the royal blue wall
- Room with different blue patterns
- An environment with very clean decoration and a velvety wall to draw attention.
- The contemporary blue room: A touch of blue on the burnt cement-style wall.
- Blue and white room: one more example of how to mix patterns.
- The vibrant blue room: bet on several strong shades of blue for a consistent palette.
- From cheerful to sophisticated: the turquoise blue wall matches the velvety oil blue sofa.
- Turquoise blue wall with teal blue sofa
- Use yellow as a contrast to the blue environment.
- Grayish blue tone on the wall paint
- Frames, posters, and illustrations in the same shade of blue as the wall also bring an extra charm.
- Blue and red for a more welcoming environment
- A touch of green for a blue room
- Just like yellow, gold also works very well with blue, especially in the more vibrant tones.
- To further promote the blue tone in your living room, complete it with functional decorative objects such as paintings, and table sconces…
- Emerald green and flag green combine well with the darker shades of blue, but it is interesting to insert other colors in some details to harmonize the environment.
- Blue and white is a classic combination that gives personality and brings light to the environment.
- Blue and gray room with insertion of yellow details.
- You can think about differentiating the colors of the top and bottom, like this example of a ceiling and white wall with armchairs and a blue rug.
- Grayscale is the new darling when it comes to decorating with blue.
- Grayscale is the new darling when it comes to decorating with blue
- Royal blue room with a mustard tone.
- Another super classic hot and cold contrast: blue and pink room.
- The tones considered neutral in the decoration such as the beige and brown tones are great complements to the blue room in terms of furniture.
- The more abstract and unstable patterns also make a good reference to the sea in the blue room.
- Blue and red in the same decorative objects give a feeling of greater depth to the blue background of the wall and the sofa.
- The ideal to not lose the depth of your environment and make it look smaller is to invest in different textures to apply on objects and on the wall.
- For those who do not want a traditional wall with paint, it is worth investing in an MDF panel, which can be found in different colors.
- Modern furniture is also characterized by its different and vibrant colors.
- The tiffany blue is coming as a neutral tone to be applied everywhere, from the wall to the sofa.
- The Royal blue velvety sofa is the protagonist of this room full of ornaments and colors.
- Blue and brown in a room with straight lines, in a typically masculine decoration.
- By the way, even the most vibrant tones can be utilized in these masculine environments.
- Working with primary and secondary colors in a vibrant, super organized, and cheerful environment.
- The modern decoration is full of a mixture of colors and textures of blue on the wall and in the decorative objects.
- Colored walls and vibrant shades of blue complete this blue room.
- Natural stones to get away from industrialized items.
- On your wall, choose between the uniform painting and the one that adheres to the ink stains.
- Another example of a panel that composes very well with the painted white wall.
- To leave blue as the protagonist of your room, invest in decorative elements in tones similar to the one on your wall.
- The same tone in different objects and materials.
- Royal blue is perfect for a more urban and laid-back setting with lots of pop images.
- The velvety blue sofa gives the environment a more luxurious and sophisticated atmosphere.
- Although more difficult to be found, baby blue sofas are a success in the decoration of the room.
- Blue predominating on all sides of this environment.
- Chesterfield sofa in blue velvet for an extra touch of sophistication to the room.
- You can also insert blue in the classic leather chesterfield with blankets and pillows.
- The modern and super-connected environment in blue, red, and brown functionality.
- In addition to wallpapers, there are several techniques that explore different finishes and textures with latex paints on the wall.
- Purple is another color that combines a lot with blue, but be careful not to overdo it and leave the environment dark and with a mysterious tone.
- The Blue and green of the peacock feathers dictated the mood of that blue room.
- Navy blue and the darkest tones for a room with a more serious and mysterious mood
- Renovate your old furniture with patina and special color.
- Blue in all corners and in different shades mixed with other colors for a more relaxed atmosphere.
You may also like to read yellow condensation stains on ceiling
- Blue over blue: combine other types of decorative elements with your blue wall.
- Royal blue is also for environments related to concentration and intelligence.
- An environment with a mixture of blue and brown.
- Another style of painting to get away from the basics: Blue gradient on the wall.
- More a mixture of more classic patterns mixed in the same environment.
- A mix of classic patterns
You may also like to read how to wash clothes in bathtub